What is Nervous System Yoga Therapy - the three phases of this healing modality
- Nervous System RESET - We start with doing very simple, easy, effective framework called NSR (Nervous System RESET)
- SRY Yoga Therapy - Next is doing Yoga Therapy as a form of bodywork - VERY deep release approach called SRY (Spinal Release Yoga)
- SRY Yoga Instruction - The final phase is to set you up with a set of practices that are specific to your needs so that you are able to be your own bodyworker essentially.
Highlights of this system are:
- Neuroplasticity = you absolutely can change, it's science!
- Simple/easy/effective/quick practices create......you guessed it.....neuroplasticity!
- Mind over matter is nonsense, your nervous system can't be over-ridden all the time and be healthy
- Your Nervous System is the boss, and that's the way you want it to be. You will learn to find 'safety' in your body over time.
- Befriend your own being, respond in kind to your Nervous System.
- Side benefits can be increased libido, increase in pleasure ie:tuning more fully into your senses, full-body orgasm
I came across Janis offering online Nervous system reset sessions in Yogini Sadhana group (Facebook). I was going through personal healing after leaving unhealthy relationship and I felt many challenges within my body (signs of PTSD, fatigue etc). Even though I was able to process everything clearly in my mind, my body and my nervous system was having its own language that I didn't understand and I struggled navigating through it. It felt as if I was still living in an alarmed state, despite being safe, practicing yoga, spending a lot of time in nature and having supportive people around me. After initial consultation with Janis I felt a huge sense of relief because suddenly there was someone who understood the depth of the inner processes. During the first few sessions I was introduced to practices that shifted my focus from mind to my body - something that I never really paid attention to. First I was quite unsure whether I was doing the practice correctly, but Janis's thorough guidance led me to where I am at now - having a deep, calming practice that I'm actually looking forward to doing! It's quite amazing how it helped me to attune into my body more and more. When I go through challenging situations I am now more gentle with myself and my body - I try to listen to it rather than pushing it where my mind wants it to be. It truly is resetting of my own system and the effects feel like I'm arriving home - to myself.
My sessions with Janis were never just about learning and practising something new. She has an extensive knowledge from other fields too (be it yoga or women's groups), so she can attune into what's needed in the particular moment. I felt I could be just myself and come into the sessions openly, showing my vulnerability and knowing I will be held and acknowledged. And that's not to forget her great sense of humor!
"After I started working with Janis I was given several different resources that supported me and my nervous system to become more balanced. For example, I learned about orienting and this resource in particular helps me to feel calm and safe in my environment. Now that I have incorporated these resources into my life I feel so much better! I feel more present. I feel that I can slow down rather then rushing around and I feel much calmer and far less anxious."
"While working with Janis I felt seen, heard and acknowledged. Janis was also very patient and continued to encourage me to go slowly and to take my time. This was very important for me as I am an action oriented person so to be given permission to slow down was a gift.
If you are looking for a compassionate, experienced professional to support you and your nervous system I would highly recommend Janis."
What Janis offers in her sessions is an opportunity for profound self healing from the inside out. Her years of training and experience allow her to offer many modalities that I can implement into my daily practices. Addressing the autonomic nervous system (including the Vagus Nerve) through tremoring is powerful unto itself and combining it with Yoga Therapy has been the missing link for a complete embodiment practice.